Being chosen as the best man at a wedding is a great honor and every man secretly wishes to be chosen. When the groom selects you, it is an indication that you are very close to him. If chosen, you are supposed to perform these duties and responsibilities.
- The first thing you should do is to assist the groom in making all arrangements. Be part of the organizers and help them with ideas where need be.
- You are supposed to attend the wedding rehearsal. It is usually done one or two days to the wedding.
- If there is no hired car, you are supposed to drive the groom from home to the church, from the church to the reception. Ask for instruction on where you are supposed to drive the him.
- You are supposed to show up early on the wedding day and assist the husband-to-be with whatever he might need. You should be there early for pre-wedding photographs with the husband-to-be.
- You should walk in with the maid/matron of honor when the ceremony begins
- The best man can be requested to keep the ring until the pastor asks for it.
- You are supposed to exit with the maid of honor at the end of the ceremony. Do not let the groom leave alone.
- It is the best man’s responsibility to know about all the necessary payments are being made in time i.e. honeymoon etc.
- The best man is supposed to give a speech at the reception. Dance with the maid of honor if asked to...